Going somewhere this weekend? Catching up with friends or family?
PERFECT FOR ENTERTAINING…DEATH BY CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING.
WARNING: DO NOT WEAR YOUR SKINNY JEANS AFTER EATING THIS:)
Also…this recipe is not only extremely sexy, but it costs under $10 to make, depending on the quality of the cocoa powder you use.
BUT YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE HAPPY:)
Ingredients for pudding:
Serves 4 so just double if you have more guests but you will have to increase the baking time by 8 -10 minutes
1 cup white sugar
1 cup self raising flour or use one cup plain flour and one heaped teaspoon baking powder
80 g butter melted
80g dark or milk chocolate chips or chocolate curls off a block (if you have them or just omit)
80g cocoa powder sifted ( I used sexy Valhrona cocoa powder…it’s practically like heaven)
1/2 cup sour cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for sauce:
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup boiling hot water
pinch of salt
Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- Add all of the pudding ingredients together in a stand mixer or bowl and mix to form a sexy thick chocolate batter.
- Grease your prettiest baking 2 liter dish and then scrape the batter into it.
- To make the sauce simply mix the boiling hot water, cocoa, sugar and salt together.
- Pour the sauce over the back of your biggest spoon so that it doesn’t impact the pudding batter too much, as per the picture above.
- Cook for about 25-30 minutes until cooked right through, the sauce will be sexy and thick. Serve with cream or ice cream.
It’s a pleasure Bang goes the diet but as I said you’ll be happy.
The Happy Chef
The story behind this recipe:
I have a tremedously sweet tooth. I can quite easily forego a main and just get straight to the desserts. In fact I always look forward to Thanksgiving morning after where we allow ourselves to have leftover Pecan and Pumpkin pie. Or when I go to a restaurant I always eye the dessert menu first and plan my attack from there.
Oh dear, luckily I have an off switch from time to time but this chocolate pud is so sexy that you will be very popular with the friends and the family.
It’s also great if you are catering for larger groups, double or triple this, one recipe is enough for 4-6 and is great for left-overs.
The perfectly decadent winter warmer. And a random confession, I’m currently working on a individual portion of this, done in the microwave…for when I have a craving and am in a hurry for chocolate love. Will share when I succeed.
It’s a pleasure.
Mel, your partner in crime.